Trainz Screenshots

Started by Ptrainman, October 15, 2012, 09:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ptrainman

Ok, finally got Trainz 12 installed and partially going on my computer. Here are a few shots of NS 1070 and 1027 leading a empty coal train near Hazzard, KY. They did not come out very well for some reason.

Paul
NS Virginia Division Expert & Railfan
KK4KQX

chipallen16

Before snapping the screenshot, hit 'P' to pause, let the textures develop, then un-pause and get your shot!

Here are a couple of shots of NS 8098 leading a Triple Crown train on gfisher's Picatinny and Mt. Hope route. I've significantly updated the route with JointedRail track, switches, and signals, replaced the trees with JVC stuff, and added a small yard to the north of Picatinny.

-Chip  :)

Ptrainman

Chip, nice shots. I will try that trick tonight.

Paul
KK4KQX

chipallen16

Thanks, and no problem. Looking forward to it!

-Chip  :)

Ptrainman

Here are a few of a couple trains somewhere in northern PA. 1038 leads a ES44AC on a loaded coal train. Next are a couple shots of  NS 730. CG 8101 is the lone DP on 730 with 8099 leading the train.

Paul
KK4KQX

NS_Milepost_279.2

Here's some contributions of mine. These are from my representation of the CNO&TP in TS2010.

NS 261 from back in August heads south through Glen Mary, Tennessee with NS 8025 and a BNSF GEVO on point.

NS 229 squeals southbound through the curve at Lancing, Tennessee with a ES40DC and D9-40CW leading.

229 meets NS 288 at Spring City.

-Alex
"NORFOLK SOUTHERN MILEPOST 2-7-9 DOT 2 NO DEFECTS"

chipallen16

NS 8066 and 8102 working the 572 in Jim Thorpe, PA on R&N territory. This was taken on Josh Drumm's newly re-mastered Reading and Northern route, available at the Auran Download Station. (Yes, I'm missing the station. That's an issue on my end.)

Alex, you may want to check out some JVC trees to replace the common tree there. I use a mix of them, including lots of 28-32m oaks and lindens. The 3D trees absolutely kill my computer...

Railroadguy

Quote from: NS_Milepost_279.2 on November 13, 2012, 10:29:10 AM
Here's some contributions of mine. These are from my representation of the CNO&TP in TS2010.

NS 261 from back in August heads south through Glen Mary, Tennessee with NS 8025 and a BNSF GEVO on point.

NS 229 squeals southbound through the curve at Lancing, Tennessee with a ES40DC and D9-40CW leading.

229 meets NS 288 at Spring City.

-Alex

do you still have this route????? I would want it  :P

Ptrainman

Its been awhile since I have had time to mess with Trainz much but I am getting back in a little here lately. Jointed Rail has been chipping away at the lack of NS power for Trainz with the latest release being the NS only D9-40C. Here are few shots of a D9-40C, D9-40CW and D8-40C on JR's Midwest Grain Route.

Paul
KK4KQX

dschlegel

Quote from: chipallen16 on November 13, 2012, 10:19:24 PM
NS 8066 and 8102 working the 572 in Jim Thorpe, PA on R&N territory. This was taken on Josh Drumm's newly re-mastered Reading and Northern route, available at the Auran Download Station. (Yes, I'm missing the station. That's an issue on my end.)

Alex, you may want to check out some JVC trees to replace the common tree there. I use a mix of them, including lots of 28-32m oaks and lindens. The 3D trees absolutely kill my computer...

Forgive me guys, but could someone teach me what Trainz is? These scenes are all pretty cool.

Chip-I've been to this location in Jim Thorpe probably a thousand times sine I was a little kid in the late 70's. My dad used to frequent it too before I was born, and even had some shots of this spot back in the early 70's after he came home from Viet Nam and spent most of his free time railfanning. If I recall he's got a couple of shots of CNJ SD 35's dragging trains right through this stretch.

Thanks guys and again forgive me please for my ignorance of Trainz.
PA Dan

NSMoWandS

PA Dan, even though I am more the "TD3/TB3" guy for this forum... Trainz is a 3D railroad simulation game. I believe it was first created in 2001 by an Australian Software company. I do not currently own it... as I like TD3/TB3. Hope this helps. DE Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk