1 (5%)
Matt L 13T
2 (10%)
trainchaser2 South Fork
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: November 11, 2012, 06:36:28 PM

JCagle

It seems like it has become a favorite contest theme in the fall, so why not bring it out again. This month will be themed "Fall Colors". We will take entries until Midnight on Halloween (the 31st). The standard rules apply.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

Ed Fury

NS 891 with 1030 the 30th anniversary "heritage" unit leading.

Whitethorne

On a dreary fall afternoon situated east of Elmore in the hamlet of Garwood depicts train U86 struggling to maintain 10 MPH as it crawls across a magnificent trestle and into Tunnel 9 beneath the photographer. Signs of the Virginian electrification are still visible in this section along the old Princeton Deepwater District.
Samuel Phillips
My photos: www.pbase.com/whitethorne
My videos: www.youtube.com/NS7500

Kentucky & Indiana Terminal RR

Here's one, this is 22a passing "lake Wells" with the Nickel Plate leading in the first two minutes of direct sunlight, its still orangey looking from the sun peaking over the horizon.
"The engineer in the old high cab his gold watch in his hand, looking at the waterglass and letting down the sand, rolling out on the old main line taking up the slack, gone today so they say but tomorrow he'll be back...."

Kentucky & Indiana Terminal RR

Here's the other one, the day after the the nickel plate rolled through the Erie unit snuck up on me at Waddy Kentucky (God's backyard)
"The engineer in the old high cab his gold watch in his hand, looking at the waterglass and letting down the sand, rolling out on the old main line taking up the slack, gone today so they say but tomorrow he'll be back...."

NSMoWandS

Nature is giving a splash of color... it was nice that NS gave a splash of color too! Interstate Unit 8105 crossing overhead on the PD District. Dan

dschlegel

While it may not exactly be fall colors, this WB manifest is roaring through Topton, PA on October 30, 2011. 12 hours prior to this shot we had 14" of snow on the gound and were without power (We were only out a few hours, Fleetwood, PA about 8 miles west of here was without power for 9+ days). Note the ammount of green still on the trees!

As a side note, I live a block out of view to the left of this photo, its a cool place to be!

dschlegel

This WB one unit wonder was taken on the same day (October 30, 2011) as my first entry and in Topton, PA on the Reading line (This is the Haas St crossing). About two hours passed between trains, and note how much snow had melted. Also note how full the trees still were (barely any color) and how much debris is in the foreground.

T. Mahan

Indiana coal on train 796 at Oakdale, TN 10/22/12
T.J. Mahan
Green Cove Springs, FL
www.facebook.com/tjm6515

T. Mahan

One more.... On  10/25/12 NS 275 heads south through the big cut at Keno, KY
T.J. Mahan
Green Cove Springs, FL
www.facebook.com/tjm6515

chipallen16

I love that cut because one can physically see how the railroad cut through the mountain. Coming around the curve is a fill, then if you follow the land, the mountain goes up from there. Put the railroad in, and the middle of the mountain is literally opened!

-Chip  :)

callduckfarm

23K with a colorful consist & colorful scenery at West Cameron, NY on the Southern Tier Line.

callduckfarm

13T casts a reflection in the Canisteo River at Adrian, NY on the Southern Tier Line.

butch

Slowing for the crew change at Burnside as it crosses Lake Cumberland
Butch Adkins

Railroad Tunnel hunting in Kentucky

butch

NS1030 leads 890 south by 124 at Cave Springs Road.
Butch Adkins

Matt L

NS/CP 38T was crossing the Portage bridge over the Letchworth Gorge earlier this month.

Photo taken by me Sunday 10/7/2012 in Portage, NY.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Matt L

A couple weeks later, I caught 13T heading east on the former Erie RR/Erie Lackawanna mainline.

Photo taken by me Friday 10/19/2012 in Erwin, NY. 
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Gage O'Dell

A NS freight rolls over the valley at South Fork

JCagle

The poll is up and active for 5 days!

JCagle

Congrats Butch! We will have your fabulous prize package in the mail this week! lol

All kidding aside we will have it up on the main page soon.

butch

No prize package?  I was so looking forward to the autographed photo of the JREB braintrust.  Anyway...

First, I need to thank all of my fans who voted for this photo-your checks will be sent out next week.  Next I would like to thank Norfolk Southern for providing a coal train on such a beautiful day.  And thanks also to the Burnside crew change location which had things so jammed up that I had no trouble at all being ready for 890.  Additional credit goes to the EMB-EWS which provided the initial inspiration for the photo.  And to Whitethorne, I'd trade the "fabulous prize package" in a heartbeat for the opportunity to have been standing next to you when you took your awesome trestle/tunnel photo.
Butch Adkins

E.M. Bell

Mr. Adkins for the win, congrats!  That has to be the best, most heart felt acceptance speech I have ever seen here....and come to think of it, the ONLY acceptance speech I have ever seen here. The precedent has been set!

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk