Main Menu

Nicholasville ATCS Server

Started by AD4YJ, September 29, 2012, 09:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AD4YJ

Having major issues with the ATCS receiver in Nicholasville. Have already made 4 trips and still not got the problem nailed down. I believe it may be a problem with the preamp, which will require the antenna to come down, and that will be a serious endeavor. A 40 pound antenna on top of a 15 foot poll on a roof......sounds like fun. Until I get it done, the coverage will be greatly diminished.

Paul
Paul
Co-Moderator ATCS Board

E.M. Bell

Looks like the coverage is better this afternoon Paul. Bishop to High Bridge is lit up right now. Did you get the antenna repaired, or is it just the good prop we seem to have right now?
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

AD4YJ

Not repaired yet, I don't even have any plans on when I will get down to look at it. Must just be all the rain or something.

Paul
Paul
Co-Moderator ATCS Board

AD4YJ

The hole in atcs coverage has been filled. The problem was a bad preamp, and a sick receiver. Bypassed the preamp, and stuck a spare receiver in, and all seems to be working again.

Paul
Paul
Co-Moderator ATCS Board

E.M. Bell

Its lit up from Palm to Rohan this evening..not a single hole!  I dont know how many of us local folks use this, but I do all the time, so thanks again! 

How in the heck did we catch a single train back in the day, with just a scanner and a prayer?? I feel naked without 2 or 3 radios, Jreb, Email and text for heads up, and ATCS in the field to plan what the next move is before I even hear it on the radio..
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk