1 (3.7%)
joethephotog 1607
4 (14.8%)
railfanterry 22r
1 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: August 07, 2012, 09:39:40 PM

JCagle

Sorry for the late start this month. Been stuck out of town without the net for about a week.

All the talk has seemed to be about the heritage units lately so that seems like a good theme for the August Contest. Any shot of the new heritage units will be accepted. We will take entries until the 31st and then kick off the voting. We will operate under the normal rules.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

NSMoWandS

Me and my lady with the big backside!

NSTopHat

If you like Skittles, "...Taste the Rainbow...."

Expoacher

A light power move on July 7 from John Sevier yard to the Apollo Fuels yard in Middlesboro, KY to pick up some loaded coal hoppers allowed me to shoot my first heritage units. NS 78E with the New York Central as the lead engine struck a trespasser on the rails in Tazewell, TN on the way up a few hours before this photo was taken, thus becoming the first heritage unit involved in a fatality. The mandatory crew change made the symbol Q8E for the rest of the trip. I'd like to include a thank you to Jacob Gwinn for the headsup that morning.

Expoacher

Brakemen line the switch at the Apollo Fuels yard before hooking up to a long string of hoppers. NS Q8E (78E) will pick up two strings of loads, then head to the yard at Cumberland Gap to pick up another string before heading south to Knoxville. Thanks for the courteous crewmembers who helped with my compositions.....they closed the nose door when I asked them to!

NS2593

My favorite heritage unit brings NS 387 out of Natural Tunnel on April 25th.

ARandall70

Some of my favorites, with the PRR and NYC thrown in... ;D

"Its not easy being green"

And one from my only catch of heritage unit in service. Wabash 1070 leads NS P10 near Moncure, NC.

Anthony Randall
Fuquay-Varina, NC
www.youtube.com/user/ARandall70

Whitethorne

Two photos of my favorite heritage engine...

Photo 1: NS 821 Shawsville, VA
Photo 2: VGN 1069 galloping through Elliston, VA.
Samuel Phillips
My photos: www.pbase.com/whitethorne
My videos: www.youtube.com/NS7500

T. Mahan

I will agree with the statement grossly misquoted as "it is better shooting the deer in the forest rather than chained to a tree."  I think all my NCTM Spencer pics are the same angles as others I have seen plastered all over the internet.  Luckily I got a heads up that a grain train had heritage power and was able to catch it on my way home from the NCTM event....

#1 Mongo & Redfish, as well as NS 1030 on 50Z at Cayce, SC

#2 50Z soaks in the last few rays of the late evening sun while setting off it's cars at the Monetta, SC silo.
T.J. Mahan
Green Cove Springs, FL
www.facebook.com/tjm6515

Forum Admin

There are only 5 days left to get your entries in for the contest this month, show us your best!
The JREB.org team

mbgphoto79

Here are a couple.

11R southbound CP Cox. 20 JUN 2012.

961 southbound from I40. 27 JUN 2012.

Matt

Ptrainman

A couple shots of 8103 headed north on home rails in the late evening sun near Nathlie,VA.

Paul
NS Virginia Division Expert & Railfan
KK4KQX

Gage O'Dell

1: Central of Georgia leading a grain train in Burgin, Ky

E.M. Bell

#1 Conrail 8098 leads train 251 at Bowen KY. 04/19/2012

#2 Central of Georgia 8101 leads train 50A at Burgin KY 06/20/2012

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

PGupton

Haven't seen a whole lot of heritage, but...

Joe the Photog

Well, except for the same train that Thomas Mahan shot, all of  my heritage shots are rom the fish bowl. NS has been stingy with these things in South Carolina. So here are my two favorites rom that day.

Joe H.
Columbia, SC

"There's nothing wrong with being shallow as long as you're insightful about it." -- Dennis Miller

RailfanTerry

NS Train 22R with NS #8098 (Conrail Heritage Unit) in Irondale, AL on 5/1/2012

JCagle

The poll is up and active for 5 days. Good luck to all!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Ed Fury

Seriously hands down the hardest contest to pick favorites from since I have been a member here. These are all awesome shots of awesome units. Is there an all of the above box?

JCagle

There were some questions reguarding the authenticity of one of the photos in this months contest. That persons entries were not allowed and the user can not enter the contest for the next two months per the rules.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Forum Admin

Voting closes at 9pm on Tuesday the 7th, get your vote in now!
The JREB.org team

Forum Admin

Congratulations to Samuel Phillips, and his winning photo of NS 821 with the Virginian heritage unit at Shawsville, VA!  

Thanks to everyone for your entries, and be sure to check out the new contest theme for September!

The JREB.org team

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk