Main Menu

July 2012 Contest

Started by JCagle, June 07, 2012, 09:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voting is now open you may vote for your favorite 2 images.  Voting will be open for 5 days.

Whitehornes Southern 8099 @ Coopers Trestle
7 (41.2%)
Whitehornes NS 821 @ Shawsville, GA
3 (17.6%)
trainchaser2 NS 223 @ Harrodsburg
1 (5.9%)
trainchaser2 NS Ethanol @ Bowen
1 (5.9%)
Batman 4610 Coke Machine
6 (35.3%)
NSMoWandS GP 38-2
1 (5.9%)
MattL 3410 @ Geneva, NY
2 (11.8%)
MattL NS vs Amtrak
1 (5.9%)
JtBurke 43G
0 (0%)
JtBurke Signal shot
0 (0%)
mbgphoto79 SOU 630 @ Greensboro
5 (29.4%)
loctech NS Local @ Gainesville GA
1 (5.9%)
locotech Amtrak streak @ Gainesville GA
3 (17.6%)
NS_milepost_279.2  NS Olive Springs
0 (0%)
Dschlegal  NS 4620 @ Chapmans Yard
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: July 10, 2012, 07:29:01 PM

JCagle

This month we will have an open to any shot of NS theme to allow for some of the more off the wall shots that we may not catch in a typical theme. I know some of you get creative and or out of the box so show them off. Be sure to make them count! We will accept entries til July1. Any questions feel free to pm or email me. As always our typical rules apply from stickied topic in the main contest board.

Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

Whitethorne

Photo 1: Southern 8099 shoves hard on the rear of train Y78 at Coopers Trestle
Photo 2: NS 821 crawls uphill through Shawsville, VA with CG 8101 leading the way.
Samuel Phillips
My photos: www.pbase.com/whitethorne
My videos: www.youtube.com/NS7500

dschlegel

NS 4620 leads the H90 on the C&F branch on its way to Chapman's yard at about 7:30 in the morning on December 28, 2011.

Gage O'Dell

Photo 1: NS 223 passing by the tobacco warehouse in Harrodsburg
Photo 2: NS Ethanol train rolling pass the fields at Bowen

csx6900

Quote from: Batman on June 16, 2012, 09:58:02 PM
off the wall.

Lol!  That's awesome!  I'm guessing that machine is at a yard office or something like that somewhere?

-Evan
Owner and Administrator of RailSightings.com

NSMoWandS

Off the wall? How about off the frame? This is the GP38-2 cab that NS donated to the RR Museum of PA for a cab simulator. It was commissioned the June 2nd/3rd weekend during NS days!

Forum Admin

Just a reminder, we will We will accept entries til July 1st, so get yours in soon!
The JREB.org team

NS_Milepost_279.2

I'm still not exactly sure on the right uploading procedures here at JREB, however here's my entry.

Hope it will count even though its a link to the Archives. http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/pictures%5C75931%5CNS%20961%20Oliver%20Springs.jpg

-Alex
"NORFOLK SOUTHERN MILEPOST 2-7-9 DOT 2 NO DEFECTS"

Matt L

Entry #1: we're off to the races! NS 14M has a head start at Buffalo Creek Junction, but the eastbound Amtrak Lake Shore Limited is gaining ground on a very warm spring morning. NS is exercising trackage rights on the Buffalo Southern here, while Amtrak is using CSX's Chicago Line.

Photo taken by me Friday 3/23/2012 in Buffalo, NY.  
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Matt L

Entry #2: a real rarity- Norfolk Southern operating on the northern part of the Corning Secondary in daylight. On this occasion, H06 crossed Lake Avenue @ 8:25 PM EDT. The local usually reaches this location in darkness, but I was lucky enough to catch #3410 reflecting the rays of the setting sun.

Photo taken by me Sunday 6/10/2012 in the City of Geneva, NY.

Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

JtBurKe

Here are few things I think are different and you don't see everyday:
1) Center of attention: 43G was going to tie down at MP 1 but they had a problem with their FRED connection and had to fix the problem before going off duty, so the crew tried to get a connection in one of the three locomotives. Long story short, they got hold of a road foreman from Sevier and recieved new FRED and tied down at MP 0.
2) Yes, the signal is dark. Don't worry it's being inspected. Signal Maintainer Jim had flipped the breaker for the signal and East Boyd displayed nothing for a couple minutes.

mbgphoto79

SOU 630 screams through the grade crossing at Sandy Ridge Rd. in Greensboro, westbound on the K-Line. This shot was taken through the windshield of my car as a result of the train beating me to the crossing. The manual exposure settings still programmed from the previous shot rendered this overexposed image, I changed it to B&W and boosted the contrast to give it a different feel.

Matt

locotech

NS local power awaiting duty as morning breaks at Gainesville, GA.
I may work for the competition but I still get some NS photography in on occasion.....

Kevin
Locotech
Quality is fixing the problem, not the symptom

locotech

Amtrak "streaks" past the Gainesville, GA depot on its way to Washington after stopping to pick up passengers.
Quality is fixing the problem, not the symptom

Forum Admin

Voting closes at 7:30pm on Tuesday the 10th. Be sure to get your vote in before the poll ends!
The JREB.org team

JCagle

Congrats to Whitethorne for his winning shot. We will have it up on the main page in a couple days.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk