1 (5%)
Carmon Bell 630 and OCS
9 (45%)
Carmon Bell South Roddy
2 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: June 10, 2012, 06:13:55 PM

JCagle

It's been a while since we have had a contest themed the OCS and they have made a pretty wide tour over the past couple of years. We will take entries of any NS OCS not just the F units. We will accept entries til June 3. Any questions feel free to pm or email me. As always our typical rules apply from stickied topic in the main contest board.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

Gage O'Dell

The Derby train arrives at North Wye to make a crew change and to fuel up as it makes its journey north to Cincinnati

ARandall70

Here is a shot of the North Carolina Operation Lifesaver Special from October 2011. I spent almost the whole day riding the head end, then grabbed this shot at Cherry Hospital, just west of Goldsboro, NC. The train consisted of three coaches, NS 26, 29, 28, and Research Car 32. The 32 was open to guests all day, and was the first time I had ridden on a open-platform observation, what a day. The 32 was added at Raleigh, so the 7018 was added to the head end, in addition to the 5826.

Anthony Randall
Fuquay-Varina, NC
www.youtube.com/user/ARandall70

Nikos2873

NS 956 at Cook Springs, AL

Batman

OCS Crossing tenbridge at chattanooga a few months ago.

E.M. Bell

#1 NS 952  directors special passes through downtown Harrodsburg Kentucky, and a crepe myrtle bush in full bloom. July 28th, 2011

#2 Southern Railway 630 accelerates away from TVRM's Grand Junction on the GA Division mainline, with the first steam powered OCS in many years. This trip was for the NS CEO, Board of directors and invited guest of the RR to celebrate the kickoff of "21st Century Steam". Not what we might think of as a traditional OCS, but it was!  Chattanooga TN, September 2nd, 2011

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

NSMoWandS

Not sure if this counts... It is Geometry Train rounding the curve just south of the Wytheville, VA. It is a screen shot from video so quality is a little off.

NSMoWandS

NS OCS F9A and F7B with Exhibit Car and business car "Pennsylvanian" with the PRR Heritage unit in the background. Taken 06/01/12 (Happy 30th NS) at the RR museum of PA.

Matt L

Last summer was the first time I'd seen cab units on the former Erie Lackawanna mainline in many years. I had two great chases just a few weeks apart. The first was Bennett Levin's Pacific Express. The second chase (seen here) was the NS OCS as it headed west on the Southern Tier mainline on a beautiful summer day.

Photo taken by me Wed 8/24/2012 in Corning, NY.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Matt L

Heading westbound as NS 955, the OCS passes the signals at CP Cass later that same afternoon.

Photo taken by me Wednesday 8/24/2011 in Hornell, NY.

Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

maersksealand3329

NS OCS through Fostoria, Ohio last year.  I was going to get it in Leipsic, but decided to take my dad to Fostoria once again.  This was the same day that CSX had the North Baltimore, OHio terminal open house. 
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!!!!!!!!!
Its My Life :-)
www.facebook.com/railfan1
Skype-michael.fair3

NSMoWandS

Once again... Carmon brought the big guns! Great pics!

JCagle

The poll is up and active for 5 days! Good luck to all!
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

Forum Admin

Congratulations to Nikos Kavoori for his winning shot of the OCS at Cook Springs, Alabama!

Great shot Nikos, and thanks to everyone else who entered this month!
The JREB.org team

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk