TD3 Atlanta North District Full Release Available

Started by NSMoWandS, April 08, 2012, 02:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NSMoWandS

Anyone who wants the finished layout... just PM me your e-mail address and I will send it to you!!! Have fun!

Backyard

8) What happened to Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur. Fri, Sat?
Backyard/Allen

NSMoWandS

Oops! Sorry. If you start with Sunday... it is set up never to end. I am making a Version 1.1. It will be much harder, more trains, more block permits, worse timing... so I will add all the days in that version. Prob be ready in two weeks or less.

Backyard

8) Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have setup the route and am running continuous and go back frequently during the day when I have time.

If you make it busier, I'll just slow the fast-clock! ;D
Backyard/Allen

NSMoWandS

Yeah, when running the version 1... if you have trains running late... I have to move the clock up... then down... then back up... etc... :)

florida581

Here's a somewhat realistic scenario that would put more trains on the Atlanta North District (for your Version 1). Simulate a major derailment and/or extensive trackwork on the Birmingham-Atlanta line that causes all the trains to be rerouted to the AGS (Birmingham-Chattanooga) and then down the Atlanta North District.  That would add 14-16 freights and the 2 Amtrak.  Yikes!  Talk about a dispatcher's nightmare!
Andrew

Backyard

8) I like to fire it up on Friday-night at midnight and run at real-time clock-speed(1:1) until early Sat. morning, so you can load it as heavy as you wish...!
Backyard/Allen

NSMoWandS

Florida... great idea! Thanks. I will do that in v1.1. What do you think? 48 hours until some trains are able to run again... then after 72... back to normal? That would give two days of headaches... getting better on the third day... back to normal on fourth. And, Backyard... be careful what you wish for! haha!

NSMoWandS

Ok, anybody have train numbers and type for the line from Birmingham to Atlanta? (For the derailment idea for Atlanta North District.) Thank you.

florida581

AMTRAK

19  NEW YORK CITY, NY - NEW ORLEANS, LA (DAILY)
20  NEW ORLEANS, LA - NEW YORK CITY, NY (DAILY)

INTERMODALS (Days of the week when the trains run IN Atlanta, according to the NS Intermodal site's schedules.)

219  ATLANTA, GA - DALLAS, TX (DAILY)
220  DALLAS, TX - ATLANTA, GA (DAILY)
225  ATLANTA, GA - LOS ANGELES, CA (MO-SA)
226  LOS ANGELES, CA - ATLANTA, GA (FR-TU)
21R  ATLANTA, GA - MEMPHIS,TN (DAILY)
22G  LONG BEACH, CA - ATLANTA, GA (RUNS A FEW TIMES A WEEK)  
*22Q  ATLANTA, GA - NEW ORLEANS, LA (MO-FR)
*22R  NEW ORLEANS, LA - ATLANTA, GA (WE-SU)
23E  ATLANTA, GA - DALLAS, TX (1X WEEK?)
24E  DALLAS, TX - ATLANTA, GA (1X WEEK?)

*  22Q and 22R have autoracks in the consist.  Some days, these trains are 100% autoracks.

AUTORACKS

298  LINCOLN, AL - ATLANTA, GA
26A  VANCE, AL - BRUNSWICK, GA (RUNS A FEW TIMES A WEEK)
27A  BRUNSWICK, GA - VANCE, AL (RUNS A FEW TIMES A WEEK)

MANIFEST

153  LINWOOD, NC - BIRMINGHAM, AL (DAILY)
154  BIRMINGHAM, AL - LINWOOD, NC (DAILY)
172  NEW ORLEANS, LA - LINWOOD, NC (DAILY)

198  NEW ORLEANS, LA - MACON, GA (DAILY. This train normally runs via Columbus, GA on the ex-CofG but can run this line depending on crew availability.)
I'm not sure what (if any) unit trains of any sort use this line.  Maybe someone else on here would know.
Andrew

NSMoWandS

Thanks for the info... with all those trains added... it is def going to be busy!!!!

NSMoWandS

Ok, where to start... if there was a derailment on the Birm-Atl line... would ALL of those trains go onto the Atlanta North District? I only ask because, The whole line becomes GRIDLOCKED! If, that indeed is what would happen... I will leave it that way... though still adjusting the times. If not... I will cut back the number of trains detouring on the ATL North. Thanks for your time and replies....

florida581

The manifest trains can detour a different way.  They can go via the ex-CofG via Columbus and Macon.  The intermodal and rack trains can't go via the CofG route due to clearance limitations.  Another option is to detour some of the intermodals over CSX.

Andrew
Andrew

NSMoWandS

Ok, thanks for the info... I guess I will make two more versions then. One with some of the trains detoured onto the ATL North... and another version with ALL trains detoured to the ATL North. That way we will have an easy version, hard version, and then the Gridlocked version! haha! Thanks again for the help and info.

Backyard

Backyard/Allen

NSMoWandS

Backyard

8) Actually I was going to post that I had 0-missed exits, however I found I have sent 126 out to Chattanooga instead of Knoxville about 11 times!....

Other than that I have managed to hit almost constant rolling runbys.

I do allow trains to run on yellows(up to the red signal without stopping) to even things out.

I LOVE this game! I run my e-mail, check the forums, look at the latest pictures and can't wait to run the Atlanta North District.

I have two monitors that show the complete route(that is the key to this game!) and also display an Active Train List as well as an Alerts window(View/Display Alerts Window).

I fact, I gotta go.... ;D

My left monitor is a 1024x768, so I do see your name...Snip-It don't show that here.
Backyard/Allen

NSMoWandS

I'm glad you like the Sim. Have you tried v2? I am currently working on a Harrisburg Div. to go with my Reading, PA Area Sim. Will be from CP Burke to CP Banks or CP Cannon. But, still in the building stage. Dan

Backyard

8) I gotta thank you Dan for making anything for Train3!

However, the only practical route for me is V1. I set the fast-clock for 8, wanna try it for 1:1!

I lived ten years around Rome, Georgia and the dynamics of this route is absolutely what I need!

Unfortunately, with the demise of Train3, few routes will be available in the future, but that's OK with me!

Thanks for your work on this route. If you decided to edit the v1 route further, let me know!
Backyard/Allen

NSMoWandS

No problem... If I modify any layout... I will change the version #. Maybe to 3... maybe to 1.1 etc...  I got the program for ATCS Mon and to modify layout and such... but, found playing TD3 just as much fun as using ATCS. As for other layouts... Reading, PA Area is in the Harrisburg Div section... I also have ready to release... CSX Philly Sub v1 and CSX Baltimore Term v1. After finishing the rest of the Harrisburg Line... I might make a CSX Capitol and Met Sub layout form Baltimore to DC and to Brunswick, MD Yard. That should be fun with all the MARC(Maryland Area Rail Commuter) trains running. In the Balt Term... they are only from Camden Station to CP St Denis... so not too much... but, still very "hands on"! LOL! Dan

Backyard

8) Sounds great to me, keep on keeping on with Train3!

I am not so convinced that the T3 or Track Builder will not be available later by e-mail, I just downloaded both!

The text advised that the key will be sent upon purchase and that is current after the change in the product model.

As for v1, I am quite satisfied, I could only substitute trains for what is offered by default...

It can be definitely categorized as a game and the only one I enjoy.

Thanks again Dan for your work!
Backyard/Allen

NSMoWandS

If you have trackbuilder... go ahead and add or change whatever you want. I have no problem with others doing that. Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk