Main Menu

Fixed 2611s Cab

Started by Badhorse79, April 06, 2012, 04:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

Well I finally got some nerve to clean up the DLH cab this thing was all kinds of whacked out the thing wasnt even level one side was 2 HO scale feet taller and would sit crockeyed so had a SD80MAC cab leftand cut the Battery boxes and smoothed out some rough spots ... putty and paint will look like New

Badhorse79

Another veiwing hopefully ill get to getting it done Monday or Tuesday

NSMoWandS

See Badhorse... if you modeled CSX... it WOULD be done!!!

Badhorse79

Well I was thinking about doing their flares cause Modeltrainstuff.com has some undec. Kato SD70MACs for around $70-80 bucks . I wouldn't mind a set of those for run through power ,I still have a set of decals for the AC4400CW I was gonna do but I made that black and slapped 7655 on it

NSMoWandS

Yeah, I'm thinking of getting a couple of foreign units... not sure which yet... prob be down the road a little.

Badhorse79

Foreign as in Kato ... or NS power Foreign

NSMoWandS

Foreign... as in not CSX/Chessie/SBD/Conrail. One will def be a NS... not sure about the other... possibly UP(ugh!) because CSX has UP power run through all the time... but maybe a regional... like B&P or W&LE. But, def a NS unit for sure... not sure which unit... possibly a SD70 standard cab... since CSX only has widecab 70's...

NSMoWandS

PS- prob going to re-paint a SD40-2 into a lease unit too... since I have 3 of them! haha!

Badhorse79

There ya go do the fun FURX green n silver

thpbears

Actually got to see two FURX green and silver on the NS main today dropping off a few hoppers and coal loads.

NSMoWandS

Yeah that's what I was thinking... I like the green and silver better than the yellow/red units or the dark blue units.

Badhorse79

Well here's the conductors side ... while I was at it I changed the number ... 2623 is now on the district Ive only managed to decal this side so far ... and I know her steps aren't right and the ditch lights are coming soon .. for $30 the company could take some time to improve em gees

NSMoWandS

Didn't even notice the steps...  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk