System wide NS train number list

Started by florida581, March 14, 2012, 11:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt L

Recent symbol change- auto rack train 14T now operates from Detroit, MI to Fostoria, OH. Auto rack train 28N now operates from Fostpira to Ayer, MA. This was done for greater efficiency in auto traffic. Westbound empty 287 (Ayer to Bellevue, OH) remains unchanged. 
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Railroadguy

Seems like NS 198 is back running to Macon

NS145

This fall NS started running train 121 again west of Decatur, IL on certain days of the week.  I don't know if 121 is going all the way to Kansas City or just Moberly, MO.
NW: There's No Stopping Us!

NS212

Just an FYI, all manifests now have a minimum length of 60 cars, so schedules will vary. This is part of NS's current cost cutting crusade.

Railroadguy

177 ran all the way down to Macon today. Idk if its a set thing or not yet

justie1220

C42 (Altoona to Mifflin Local) no longer runs on Saturdays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justie1220

60N is a WESTBOUND bulk steel slab train from Camden NJ docks to Sharon PA and 61N is the empty EASTBOUND equivalent. Both run as needed when there is a bulk carrier at the dock

NS145

You can delete the Monday-Friday D37 local from the active train symbol list.  It fell victim to NS' cuts in late December 2015.  33J now sets out local cars at Shops Yard in Springfield for D31.  D37 does still run on most Saturdays, but it can originate in either Decatur or Springfield.  The train goes west to switch Nestles in Jacksonville and usually ties up at Bluffs. 

rhotond

Note that C91  and C92  are NOT pgh division coal trains as of May 2016.  C91  is a general murchandise train from Altoona to Conway.  It generally runs Midday with all sorts of stuff,   power balancing and rebuilt engines.    C92 is the reverse. 

Also the N series are pgh division trains.    low  Nxx are mon line coal trains from the "shared assets area.that become regular coal trains once they get off the shared assets part of the line.     The higher Nxx  are the helper sets on the east and west slope of the Pittsburgh Division

CharlesM

144 (Chattanooga - Elkhart) has been abolished once again.

TheVARailFan

NS V68 is still relief for V11, but also runs Petersburg-Suffolk several times a week in effect to NS getting rid of the Suffolk job, which also ran as V68 when it was based out of Suffolk. V13 is running as a rock turn from Norfolk to the Quarry at Jack in the middle of the night.
TheVARailFan; home base: Norfolk, VA

rhotond

C88 is a conway pa to Altoona daily manifest (running within the pittsburgh division.  This replaces  C92.   

Thanks for our work.

r

NS145

Add train 120 (Kansas City-Detroit) to the list.  This new train handles the empty Ford autoparts cars that used to be on 122.  122 had been running 10,000+ feet in length on a regular basis earlier this year.       

florida581

Quote from: NS145 on August 22, 2016, 02:47:56 PM
Add train 120 (Kansas City-Detroit) to the list.  This new train handles the empty Ford autoparts cars that used to be on 122.  122 had been running 10,000+ feet in length on a regular basis earlier this year.       

I heard about this train starting up again.  However, I wasn't sure where it terminated; Decatur, Detroit, or somewhere else.  Is 122 still running Kansas City - Detroit?
Andrew

NS145

Quote from: florida581 on August 22, 2016, 03:38:29 PM
Quote from: NS145 on August 22, 2016, 02:47:56 PM

I heard about this train starting up again.  However, I wasn't sure where it terminated; Decatur, Detroit, or somewhere else.  Is 122 still running Kansas City - Detroit?

As far as I know, 122 still runs to Detroit after getting reclassified in Decatur, IL.  I will see if I can get this confirmed.

Matt L

Eastbound ethanol train 66N (Chicago to Providence) was recently redesignated 64V, while westbound counterpart 67N became 65V. The route is unaltered.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

TheVARailFan

NS 233 is now Su-Fr, NS 235 now runs Sa only to Chicago 47th St from Norfolk.

nrv_trains

Caught a 43G heading through Christiansburg on 10/8. Any idea of its routing?
It was empty ADM ethanol tanks and grainers.
Gavin W.
Christiansburg, VA

VirginiaSouthern

I have one update...

V86 should be listed as the Shenandoah, VA - Hagerstown, MD day turn

Tommy Warshaw
Click here to see my photos on Flickr

TheVARailFan

V30/V31 haven't ran in years, the Franklin District (Suffolk to Lawerenceville) was abandoned past the run-around for Planters in Suffolk a while ago, and trains had stopped running frequently by 2010. V13 is a weeknight rock turn from Norfolk, VA to Petersburg, VA for Vulcan Materials and V68 is running both V11 relief and as a Petersburg, VA to Suffolk, VA local almost daily.

VirginiaSouthern

With the Hagerstown District being realigned under the Harrisburg Division, V86 is now K46. I suspect a few other local symbols will change between this and the Washington District, but this is the only one I have concrete for now.
Tommy Warshaw

relantel

Quote from: VirginiaSouthern on February 06, 2017, 04:45:48 PM
With the Hagerstown District being realigned under the Harrisburg Division, V86 is now K46. I suspect a few other local symbols will change between this and the Washington District, but this is the only one I have concrete for now.

Overheard and/or witnessed today:
V89 = K89

P63 = K90
P56 = K88
P58 = K94

All of these ID'd as the old symbol at least once. DS had to ask K94 what his old symbol was. Train function hasn't changed any as yet. Caught K90 and K88 departing Manassas this morning.

Have not yet heard new calls of P51, P96, P97 or P98. Or the Alexandria switcher P52/P54.

From what I understand, Hagerstown desk covers all of the Washington district  down to just north of Lynchburg. The tone-up is different and the voices are getting used to the territory. Not sure how far below Front Royal got taken.

relantel

Quote from: relantel on February 06, 2017, 06:54:27 PM
Quote from: VirginiaSouthern on February 06, 2017, 04:45:48 PM

Overheard and/or witnessed today:
V89 = K89

P63 = K90
P56 = K88
P58 = K94

All of these ID'd as the old symbol at least once. DS had to ask K94 what his old symbol was. Train function hasn't changed any as yet. Caught K90 and K88 departing Manassas this morning.

Have not yet heard new calls of P51, P96, P97 or P98. Or the Alexandria switcher P52/P54.

From what I understand, Hagerstown desk covers all of the Washington district  down to just north of Lynchburg. The tone-up is different and the voices are getting used to the territory. Not sure how far below Front Royal got taken.
P96 appears to be K91 now;
P51 may be the new K85 - heard K85 working down between Winston and Mountain Run the last couple days.
Still haven't observed/heard the new equivalents for P52, P54, P97 or P98.

Still quite a bit of confusion - the standard slow order at the 30.7 that's been in place for months the DS made Amtrak 20 confirm he had the bulletin.  And one handover last night, neither the day crew (K90/P63) or the DS could recall the new symbol for what was P58 to hand over the switches.

relantel

K85 confirmed to be the new P51

Elsewhere, saw P98 is now K99 and P97 is now K95. (Would be nice if they left those as odd/south and even/north like they used to be!)

VirginiaSouthern

V88 is now K47.

Tommy Warshaw

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk