System wide NS train number list

Started by florida581, March 14, 2012, 11:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

florida581

Quote from: ThoroughBreed on July 31, 2012, 11:11:40 AM
Does anyone know the train numbers for any of the trains that originate or end, or the local that are for the columbus, ga yard?

No road freights originate or terminate in Columbus, GA.  However, road freights set out and pick up there.  Regular freights through town are 137, 187, 198, 334, 335, and 336.  I've seen military trains (Ft. Benning) originate and terminate there though.  Herzog ballast trains originate in Fortson, just north of Columbus.  They use a handful various symbols. 

I'm not sure of the symbols of the local freights.
Andrew

florida581

A couple of months ago, autorack train 276 replaced 27W as the northbound empty autorack train out of Jacksonville, FL.  Can anyone confirm where this train terminates?  In times past, it ran to Bellevue, OH.  Is this still the case? 
Andrew

Momo

This train terminates at Goergetown, KY

florida581

Quote from: Momo on October 06, 2012, 03:42:35 PM
This train terminates at Goergetown, KY

Ah, makes sense.  Most, if not all, of his train comes from Toyota's Westlake distribution facility in Jacksonville.
Andrew

Railroadguy

Railroadguy

NS G61, Macon, GA- Kathleen, GA (turn)

florida581

After a look at NS' Thanksgiving intermodal schedule plan, it appears that a couple of the intermodal trains had their symbols changed.  Train 201 (Atlanta - Memphis) is now 23N.  No train currently has the 201 symbol. Former 23N (Columbus - Chicago) is now 25N.  25N was the train symbol commonly used for the northbound empty autorack train out of Winston-Salem, NC.  
Andrew

jjohns5182

You can officially take p22 off the list it has been abolished and replaced with the Aiken Railway short-line. what they are doing about switching Aiken County valley I do not yet know but I'll let you know as soon as I get intel.

Railroadguy

NS 208 originates in Inmann, 207 terminates in Inmann

florida581

I would like to thank everyone who's helped me keep the train number list up to date.  It's been fun and challenging trying to keep up with NS' ever evolving railroad.  To maintain its accuracy, I still welcome any additions or corrections to the list.  Thanks again for any and all of your input!
Andrew

billworsham

When do you plan to share your list with the rest of us?

Matt L

More additions for locals in upstate NY:

H10- Elmira to Binghamton and return
H12- Elmira to Sayre and return
H13- Sayre to Ithaca/Ludlowville and return

H0A- Bison Yard to Hamburg and return (includes work at Buffalo Creek Junction)
H0K- Bison Yard to Frontier Yard and return (interchange with CSX)
H8K- Croxton Yard to Campbell Hall and return (replaced H07)   
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

NSMoWandS

Quote from: billworsham on February 21, 2013, 07:27:39 PM
When do you plan to share your list with the rest of us?

The list is on Page 1. Dan

NSMoWandS

64N-crude oil from ND to Delaware City, DE.
64D-crude oil from ND to Eagle Point, NJ.

64Z/65Z/65N-can be empties returning from either NJ or DE.

Dan

billworsham

134 originates in Knoxville.  135 terminates in Knoxville.

tah1015613

Local L80 is a M-F turn from Muncie , Indiana to Dunkirk , Indiana via the Frankfort District and Redkey Secondary.
Local L8A is Saturday relief of regular L80

tah1015613

L84 is a M-F local originating in Muncie , Indiana to Richmond , Indiana.
Job is relieved in Richmond becoming L81 and turning at Camden or Seven Mile , Ohio then returning to Muncie

Railroadguy

NS Colmubus, GA locals
AC22: Columbus, GA- Brickyard, AL

NS212

35Q Allentown, PA - Linwood, NC
36Q Linwood, NC - Allentown, PA

florida581

Quote from: NS212 on February 26, 2013, 06:58:07 PM

Are these brand new trains resulting from the hump closure at Roanoke?  Or have they been running for awhile now?
Andrew

Matt L

Andrew, thanks for updating the list.

As a reminder, please include:

H06  Gang Mills, NY to Geneva, NY and return (interchange with the Finger Lakes Railway)

H77  Gang Mills, NY to Painted Post, NY and return (interchange with the Bath & Hammondsport  RR)
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

NS212

Quote from: florida581 on February 26, 2013, 08:16:47 PM
Quote from: NS212 on February 26, 2013, 06:58:07 PM

Are these brand new trains resulting from the hump closure at Roanoke?  Or have they been running for awhile now.

Considering they did start up after the announcement of the hump closure at Roanoke, it very well could be. Several years ago, before the recession hit they took the large Allentown cuts from 11R and 12R. Those blocks were growing quite large again, so it could be for both reasons.

tah1015613

L8A is a symbol used for weekend runs or weekday relief of the L80 Muncie , Indiana - Dunkirk , Indiana turn.
The symbol is also used interchangeably with the L81 symbol on the Muncie , Indiana - Camden , Ohio turn for it's afternoon relief at Richmond , Indiana.

florida581

We've recently been seeing train 283 again into Jacksonville after a few year hiatus.  It looks exactly like train 285 with half of the train autoracks and the other half intermodal.  I'm not sure if 283 is just an alternate train id for 285.  Can anyone confirm where 283 originates?  And, for extra brownie points, what days it operates? 
Andrew

RailfanTerry

There has been a 27W running from Memphis, TN - Georgetown, KY (Auto Rack) through Sheffield, AL

Terry

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk