Author Topic: System wide NS train number list  (Read 322085 times)

Offline NS212

• Footboard Yardmaster
Re: System wide NS train number list
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2012, 11:36:42 AM »
Some more locals for the VA Division

V66 Shenandoah, VA Yard Job
V86 Shenandoah, VA-Ranson, WV Turn Day
V88 Shenandoah, VA-Front Royal, VA Turn Night
V89 Front Royal, VA Virginia Inland Port Switcher (builds pick up for 228 and spots set off for 227)

Also one Piedmont Division Local

P96 Manassas, VA - Strasburg, VA Turn (doesn't always run all the way to Strasburg. There is only one customer in Strasburg on the west end of the B-Line)

Offline florida581

• Old Head
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2012, 04:48:17 PM »
Thanks Evan, Paul, and NS212.  I made the changes/additions.  I'm now working on the Alabama Division locals.  I'll have some of those up before too long.
Andrew

Offline NSMoWandS

• Inactives
  • Old Head
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2012, 05:53:46 PM »
These are for the Delmarva Business Unit on the Harrisburg Division... H39 and H43 work Harrington, DE Yard. H61- Harrington, DE to Delmar, DE/MD turn. H57-Seaford, DE Yard. H93-Delmar, DE/MD Yard and Delmar, DE/MD to Salisbury, MD turn. H94-Harrington, DE to Dover, DE turn. H42- Harrington, DE to Indian River Secondary turn. H99-Delmar, DE/MD extra. H4V and H5V Harrington, DE extras.

Offline NSMoWandS

• Inactives
  • Old Head
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2012, 05:56:26 PM »
FYI... there is a Delmar, DE and a Delmar, MD. The same town... the states border cuts thru the middle. That is why I wrote it as Delmar, DE/MD.

Offline rrman70

• Inactives
  • Old Head
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2012, 09:10:47 PM »
If you will check the Piedmont division thread about the ECBU there is a complete list of all the locals run from Raleigh NC east to the NC coast.

Offline kdewald

• Old Head
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2012, 06:18:46 PM »
I don't see 288 or 287 on your list. Talbotville ON to Shelbyville KY

Offline florida581

• Old Head
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2012, 06:50:32 PM »

I have them listed under the autorack section.  I'm 100% sure about 288 now originating in Atlanta, but if someone can varify its northern terminus, that would be great.  I was told it was Detroit's(Melvindale) Oakwood Yard.  Same goes for train 287.  I was told that it now originates in  Buffalo's Bison Yard and terminates in Bellevue.  If someone can varify this train's terminals, it would be appreciated.  

On a side note, the only train NS runs into Canada is the turn from Buffalo to Ft. Erie, ON.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 06:52:18 PM by florida581 »
Andrew

Offline rrman70

• Inactives
  • Old Head
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2012, 09:29:11 PM »
290 has been cut off, it ran Thursday and Saturday a week ago and that was the last ones till business picks back up on 212. If 212 is going to be over 10,000 ft then they are to run a I90 with the auto racks.

Offline florida581

• Old Head
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2012, 09:44:10 PM »
290 has been cut off, it ran Thursday and Saturday a week ago and that was the last ones till business picks back up on 212. If 212 is going to be over 10,000 ft then they are to run a I90 with the auto racks.

Those dedicated auto rack trains tend to be very fickle.  They always seem to be on and off the chopping block.  If I recall, CN has done away with most of their dedicated autorack trains and have combined them with either their intermodal or manifest trains.  Maybe NS will do the same eventually.
Andrew

Offline chipallen16

• Old Head
  • Georgia Tech - BSBA Class of 2018
    • My RP Photos
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2012, 09:47:36 PM »
That's what I was referring to when I said 290 is still a train. The post you quoted is incorrect.

-Chip  :)

Offline florida581

• Old Head
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2012, 12:16:08 PM »
Can anyone confirm a new train and its routing?  Train 173 from BRC's Clearing Yard to Macon, GA.  I'm still trying to keep the train number list current.  Thanks to all who've helped me with this ongoing project thus far. 
Andrew

Offline Momo

• Inactives
  • Marked up
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2012, 11:33:54 PM »
That symbol and routing is correct.

Offline florida581

• Old Head
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2012, 05:17:39 PM »
I have a few more trains in question...to add to the NS train list, 370 and 276.  I saw manifest train 370 while at a recent trip to North Georgia.  It was heading northbound on the Atlanta North District towards Chattanooga.  Where does this train originate and terminate?  Also, NS recently reinstated autorack train 276 out of Jacksonville.  Can anyone provide where it terminates?  Thanks in advance for the help!
Andrew

Offline Deep_South_NS

• Extra Board
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2012, 03:49:43 PM »
Other than the Mercedes trains to Vance what symbols haul autos out of Brunswick ga port? Thanks

Offline Matt L

• Old Head
  • Norfolk Southern fulfills what DERECO started.
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2012, 07:19:55 PM »

I have them listed under the autorack section.  I'm 100% sure about 288 now originating in Atlanta, but if someone can varify its northern terminus, that would be great.  I was told it was Detroit's(Melvindale) Oakwood Yard.  Same goes for train 287.  I was told that it now originates in  Buffalo's Bison Yard and terminates in Bellevue.  If someone can varify this train's terminals, it would be appreciated.  

On a side note, the only train NS runs into Canada is the turn from Buffalo to Ft. Erie, ON.

Yep, 287 is Bison to Bellevue. It's been that way for several years.

Also 310 is now Bellevue to Elmira and 309 is Elmira to Bellevue. Gang Mills was getting too clogged to hold all the traffic.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Offline florida581

• Old Head
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2012, 09:20:36 PM »
Also 310 is now Bellevue to Elmira and 309 is Elmira to Bellevue. Gang Mills was getting too clogged to hold all the traffic.
[/quote]

Thanks for the updates.  Made the changes.
Andrew

Offline beal99

• Inactives
  • Marked up
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2012, 01:13:20 PM »
can you decipher these for me?

46GTA2
650C12
590H22
594H22

Offline BuffaloRailfan30

• Inactives
  • Old Head
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2012, 11:23:44 AM »

Yep, 287 is Bison to Bellevue. It's been that way for several years.

NS 286 runs from Buffalo NY (Bison) to Bellevue OH.

Offline Conductor

• Inactives
  • Old Head
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2012, 11:53:12 AM »
I believe he was correct when he said 287.
Conductor's posts represent the views of Conductor and are not representative of any carrier.

Offline BuffaloRailfan30

• Inactives
  • Old Head
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2012, 06:41:08 PM »
I believe he was correct when he said 287.

Sorry i confused myself that is correct. Bellevue to Buffalo is 286.

Offline Matt L

• Old Head
  • Norfolk Southern fulfills what DERECO started.
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2012, 08:15:10 PM »
H06 is the Gang Mills to Geneva local. It runs on the Corning Secondary in upstate NY. In fact, I plan to chase it in a few days. This train interchanges with the Finger Lakes Railway in Geneva and switches a local customer in Dundee on occasion.

H77 is the Gang Mills to Painted Post local that interchanges with the Bath & Hammondposrt RR. I have photographed this operation numerous times.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Offline crazytiger

• Inactives
  • Marked up
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2012, 03:32:46 PM »
A few corrections...

I live on the Piedmont Division - Greenville District. All three of the local trains that come through on Clemson, SC, where I live, need some form of correction.

P35 is a Mon-Fri Toccoa-based local, but the farthest north it ever goes, to my knowledge, is the BASF plant in Central, SC, and certainly doesn't go all the way to Greenville. Thus I believe you would list it as: Toccoa, GA - Central, SC Turn

P67 (Sun-Thu) is now based out of Toccoa, not Seneca, much to my annoyance. It would be: Toccoa, GA - Anderson, SC Turn

P8G (Mon-Fri) works Gainesville, Toccoa, and Greenville, and then returns. Gainesville, GA - Greenville, SC Turn

Offline RailfanTerry

• Footboard Yardmaster
    • My railpictures
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2012, 11:16:03 PM »
Here a few Locals to add to your list for the Alabama Div.

Sheffield Yard Locals in Muscle Shoals, AL
AH01 (Bump Job) Sheffield Yard - Downtown Sheffield [Turn]
A12 (Emco Local) Sheffield yard – Emco Branch - Wheeler, AL [Turn]
A76 Sheffield Yard – Haleyville, AL [Turn]
A80 Sheffield yard - Scottsboro, AL [Turn]
A82 Sheffield yard - Decatur, AL [Turn]
A83 Sheffield yard - Corinth, MISS [Turn]
A87 Sheffield Yard – Iuka, MISS [Turn]

Offline ThoroughBreed

• Inactives
  • Old Head
  • My grandson
    • My trains
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2012, 11:11:40 AM »
Does anyone know the train numbers for any of the trains that originate or end, or the local that are for the columbus, ga yard?
TB8)

Offline NSMoWandS

• Inactives
  • Old Head
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2012, 12:33:58 PM »
64N- Crude oil train from ND to Delaware City, DE... Chicago to Reybold, DE
64D- Crude oil train from ND to Camden, NJ... Chicago to Pavonia, NJ