3 (18.8%)
troy12n 7529
5 (31.3%)
butch Dead Ox Hollow
7 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: March 03, 2012, 11:12:29 PM

JCagle

For those of you that aren't aware I have accepted a new position at work and I was tied up for most of the past month getting my old position closed out and making a quick transition into the new position. For that reason we decided to take a month off from the regular contest and use the photo essay contest as the February contest so to speak. I have finally made the transition and I have lots of free time in the evenings as I am on the road 4 nights a week, so we are going to start the monthly contest up again.

It hasn't been a very harsh winter, but everyone loves showing off their snow shots. We will make that the contest theme for the March contest. Perhaps Phil's prediction last week will give some of you another chance or two to get some more snow shots. The deadline is February 26th!

The normal rules apply, and message me if you have any questions or comments.

Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

JCagle

[Bump] Anyone interested in entering this month?

Blackhat

Okay, here's a shot in the snow. A Norfolk Southern coal train with BNSF ES44AC #5759 leading NS D8-40CW #8403 and Ohio Central SD45 #7499 is headed west through Port Washington, Ohio with a sunset snowstorm for a tailwind. Since I was using a borrowed Nikon dslr, I hid behind a big tree from the snow until the train appeared. (21 Feb 2011)

Jake

Batman

due to the lack of snow , here is one from Jan 2011.     NS 201 at Chattanooga.

NSMoWandS

NS 36A has just made a setout at Chrysler Yard in Newark, DE as Amtrak Catenary Maintenance Vehicle rolls by. A minute later, 36A was given the highball to continue its journey north to Edgemoor Yard in Wilmington, DE.

NSMoWandS

NS P96 is making its way back to Manassas, VA with a high hood GP38-2 and a B32-8.

Ptrainman

Here are a couple. The first is of the signal at Cluster Springs,VA on the Durham District. The second is of V64 topping the grade at Cluster Springs with a SD70ACe and a ES44AC leading. These have not been edited at all.

Paul
NS Virginia Division Expert & Railfan
KK4KQX

Blackhat

Second submission: NS SD70ACe #2729 leads an eastbound coal train by empty fields that will be thick with cornstalks come summer into Port Washington, Ohio. Word has it that these trains save about eight hours using Ohio Central rails. (15 Jan 2011)

Jake

T. Mahan

NCDOT train #74 dashes off with a load of post Christmas travelers heading westbpund to Charlotte with the Raleigh skyline as the backdrop.  The snow was an unusually heavy snow for this area 8-10" fell during this snow event, photo taken on Dec 26, 2010 at Boylan Junction.
T.J. Mahan
Green Cove Springs, FL
www.facebook.com/tjm6515

T. Mahan

A pair of geeps and road slug slumber through their Christmas vacation as a snow storm blankets the Raleigh, NC area with 8-10" of snow.  Photo taken at NS's Glenwood yard at the "original" Norfolk Southern yard.  Photo taken on Dec 26, 2010
T.J. Mahan
Green Cove Springs, FL
www.facebook.com/tjm6515

Rnhatch

Shucks  - those pics from 2010 make me shiver.  And tomorrow is supposed to be 70 degrees here in Chattanooga....

Matt L

Entry #1: Westbound 12T approaches Molasses Hill Road and CP Linden on a snowy winter day about a year ago.

Photo taken by me Saturday 2/26/2011 in Linden, NY. 

Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Matt L

Entry #2: This was a common scene in my old stomping grounds that is rapidly vanishing. A former Conrail EMD in full blue dress crosses County Route 110 in the Canisteo River valley during an early winter thaw.  

Photo taken by me Saturday 12/27/2008 in Cameron Mills, NY.

Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

butch

Finally found the Dead Ox Hollow shot I was looking for, but missed the entry deadline-oh well, got a lot of volleyball pix if anyone wants to see them... :)
Butch Adkins

Railroad Tunnel hunting in Kentucky

JCagle

The poll is up and active for the next 5 Days.

JCagle

Congrats to Butch for his scenic shot from Dead Ox!

butch

First I'd like to thank the Academy and all those who voted for me.  And my wife and girls who don't care that I randomly disappear for hours...or days to play around the tracks.  And also Al Gore who invented the internet so that we can all share all the great pix and experiences!
Butch Adkins

Railroad Tunnel hunting in Kentucky

E.M. Bell

Lordy..I think maybe you better take the prize money and buy a new hat...I doubt your old one's are gonna fit  :P

Congrats...Great pic and a worthy winner!
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk