Trying to Get a First Shot On

Started by ARandall70, January 06, 2012, 12:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARandall70

Hello all, this is my first time posting here. I generally shoot video, but until recently I also shot pictures of most everything I videoed, accumulating a few years worth of shots. Its all with a point and shoot, but I believe I have a few that are worth trying to share. I've had a few other rejected but really thought I had a good chance with this one:

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject.php?id=1002062&key=0

It was hit for saturation and unlevel the first time I uploaded, and I fixed the saturation and rotated CW a little, apparently not enough. Is CW the right way or am i off? I'm going off the center pipe of the left water tower.

But with this second upload I got composition/balance, Is there any way to fix that? I know there isnt really that much on the left, and Its about as tall as the shot can be.

Thanks For Your Help
Anthony Randall
Fuquay-Varina, NC
www.youtube.com/user/ARandall70

JCagle

Do you have and unedited original to work off of? The composition is going to be the big one to kill getting it on there, and then the leveling would be a secondary issue.
They like pictures that follow the rule of thirds. Simply put divide your picture into thirds vertically and horizontally.  You want to leave about a third of the frame in front of the nose of the leader.

Since you are trying to show the tall water tanks I would place the lower rail along the line for the bottom third of the frame.

As for the leveling I would level it based on the horizontal plane say the supports in the legs.

They are really picky and sometimes it seems like it is hard to get a start on there. Even if they don't like it don't beat your self up as long as you like it.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Jreb Mobile powered by Tapatalk.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk