Main Menu

January 2012 Contest

Started by JCagle, December 13, 2011, 12:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick your favorite image from the January Contest!

Troy12N  - CSX 8504 New River Gorge
2 (11.1%)
Troy12N - BNSF 5513 at Crozier AZ
0 (0%)
Batman - NS meet at Tenbridge
0 (0%)
NSMofWandS - Reno Jct
1 (5.6%)
NSMofWandS - Maryland Midland
0 (0%)
Tarnett - BNSF at Dell, CA
1 (5.6%)
Tarnett - BNSF at Steins Hill
1 (5.6%)
Stewarttrains_98 - SR 630 at Grand Jct
0 (0%)
John Owens - P&L Rock Cut
4 (22.2%)
John Owens - L&I White River Bridge
3 (16.7%)
Cadilacmuzik - R.J. Corman #1
0 (0%)
Cadilacmuzik - R.J. Corman #2
0 (0%)
TQ-07fan - CP Rail Lethbridge Alberta
0 (0%)
TQ-07fan - FXE in Mexico
1 (5.6%)
Whitehorne - NS 77A at Shawsville
1 (5.6%)
Whitehorne - NS 188 at Bluefiled
3 (16.7%)
CMHerndon - CSX at Brush Creek tunnel
0 (0%)
CMHerndon - CSX Q540 at Benson Valley
0 (0%)
Matt L - B&H Alco 422
1 (5.6%)
Matt L - CSX Buffalo Creek Jct
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: January 09, 2012, 06:01:10 PM

JCagle

Last year we had a good response to kicking off the year with a Non-NS theme so let's try it again this year. Your favorite shot from any road will be accepted in this one. We will take entries until the 31st and we will start out the new year voting. The standard rules apply for this one with the exception of the NS rule. Good Luck!
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

Batman

NS 264 meets NS 175 on Tenbridge at Chattanooga, Tn

NSMoWandS

This is a pic of Reno Jct. in the Powder River Basin. We can see a train heading onto the sub, one waiting to enter the sub, a train loading at the new Aux. loadout for Thunder Basin Co. and a work train in the siding.

tarnett

BNSF stack train at Dell, CA ascending towards Summit on the Cajon Pass.

tarnett

BNSF stack train is descending down the 3% grade on track 3 and approaching Cajon Station.  Photo was taken from "Stein's Hill".

Regards,

Todd Arnett

stewarttrains_98

Southern 630 heading to Grand Junction

NSMoWandS

5/6ths of Maryland Midlands GP38-3AC's are captured here shoving empty cement hoppers (Jimmy's to the crews) into Lehigh Cement Co. Union Bridge, MD plant. Center in the consist is the only Geep to be painted in parent company G&W paint. 12/19/2011

John Owens

For someone who does not shoot much NS, like myself, I enjoy this topic for the contest.

Picture one was taken back in September of the Paducah and Louisville Cecilia-Beaver Dam turn. The location is between Stephensburg and Eastview, where Meeting Creek Road crosses over the railroad in a rock cut on a wooden overpass.

Picture two was taken during the first week of November when the Louisville and Indiana ran their Columbus to Jeffersonville turn in daylight due to some trackwork. The 4 GeeP's have gotten their 100 car train out of downtown Columbus and are crossing the east fork of the White River.

John

lwjabo

I'm a bit supprised no one ever had a shot of a trains going through the cut between Warm Springs and Shiloh Georgia on the old Southern M line. I ran that line so many times. The last time I was there it was about full of mud. The last train to go through it would have been about 1990.

cadilacmuzik

RJ Corman Locomotives in Louisville KY

tq-07fan

Hardest part this month is what to chose. Both of these were made possible by being on the right bus at the right time.

1) February 5th 2008, while on Greyhound Canada on parallel Crowsnest Trail / Alberta Provincial Route 3 the bus I was on passed this eastbound CP Rail when it was on the Lethbridge Hi Bridge. It's a picture that could only be taken from a bus.

2) March 15 2010, Riding the transit bus from our hotel to downtown Guadalajara in search of Mexican trolleybuses I was a headlight in the distance and got off and walked back to the crossing. I got the simple Ferromex local going about it's business crossing Avenue de Arcos. I then realized I hadn't even looked to see which way the bus had went to walk to downtown but not to worry, the stop train put me only a couple blocks away from the start of the trolleybus routes I had came south of the Tropico de Cancer to see. Also by bus.

Jim

Whitethorne

Photo 1: NS 77A Shawsville, VA
Photo 2: NS 188 Bluefield, WV
Samuel Phillips
My photos: www.pbase.com/whitethorne
My videos: www.youtube.com/NS7500

cmherndon

Photo #1: CSX Q699 threading the "Needles Eye" (Tunnel 15) on the CC Sub at Brush Creek, KY on Nov. 8, 2011

Photo #2: In the last weeks of CSX operations on the Old Road Subdivision, Q540 heads west just a few miles out of Frankfort, KY behind an ex-Conrail Dash 8 and a leased EMD on September 18, 2003.
Caleb M. Herndon, KK4CDT
Frankfort, KY
http://www.cmherndon.com

"The human mind is like a railroad freight car; guaranteed to have a certain capacity, but often running empty."

Matt L

Entry #1: a pair of Alco Centuries lead a 52 car train on the Bath & Hammondsport RR. The C424ms picked up their consist from NS a short time earlier and are heading westbound on the former Erie Lackawanna Wayland Branch.

Photo taken by me Mon 4/25/2011 in Painted Post, NY.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Matt L

Entry #2: one of the busiest rail hubs in the Northeast is Buffalo Creek Junction. Here we see a CSX eastbound intermodal freight at left on the Water Level Route (ex-NYC mainline), a CSX SW1500 leading a local freight (on a former Lehigh Valley yard track) and a Buffalo & Pittsburgh RR local on the bridge in the background.

Photo taken by me Friday 7/30/2010 in Buffalo, NY. Norfolk Southern and the Buffalo Southern RR have their own yards at Buffalo Creek Junction, as well. Amtrak also uses the Water Level Route here. Did I mention that it's a busy place?  ;D
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Forum Admin

Voting is now open for 5 days in the January 2012 contest. You may vote for only 1 image this month!
The JREB.org team

Forum Admin

Congrats to John Owens for his winning P&L shot this month!

John, we will get your shot up on the main page in the next couple of days. Thanks to everyone who participated!
The JREB.org team

8Notches

NS F units are moving eastbound on the Bristol Line with the Lexington Group special. Photo taken Nov 11, 2011.

Forum Admin

8Notches, Thank you for your submission, but the contest has closed for this month!

We will not being having a February contest, but it will return in March.
The JREB.org team

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk