10 (55.6%)
Whitethorne Bluefield
5 (27.8%)
Whitethorne Oakvale
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: November 09, 2011, 01:10:42 PM

JCagle

Many appoligies for the lateness of the start of this contest. Typically everyone is out shooting the fall colors in the month of October and they want to show them off. The theme for the November contest is fall colors. We will take entries until the 30th and start voting on the 31st. As usual the normal contest rules will apply. They are available in a stickied post in the contest board. Feel free to contact me with any questions.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

JCagle

This is typically our bigest contest of the year. I was wondering if anyone was going to enter

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Jreb Mobile powered by Tapatalk.

lwjabo

Should be some snow pictures after today?

JCagle

And evidently nobody wants to be last.

Matt L

Can we have an extension for entries? My final chase for the month was Friday the 28th and I had no time to work on pictures yesterday. I can post immediately, if the moderators allow it.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

tq-07fan

I was wondering about what was going on myself. Maybe it is too hard to pick two! : ) Here you go, two I like.

1) Miamisburg Ohio on the Dayton Dist. It's 316 or 376 heading eastbound on the trestle that at one time carried the Big 4 (NYC/PC/CR/NS) across US 25, the Cincinnati and Lake Erie interurban and the canal bed of the by then abandoned Miami and Lake Erie canal. This was back on October 23 2009.

2) Maidsville WV a southbound coal on the former Monongahela Railroad. This was site of one of the largest if not the largest yard on the MGA. Conrail all but stopped using it after they took over MGA in 1993 but it looked like NS may have been doing some untreated tie loading.

Jim

JCagle

Since we only have a couple entries we will hold this months contest open for a couple more days. The new date to close entries is now midnight Wednesday.

Matt L

Quote from: JCagle on October 31, 2011, 07:48:19 AM
Since we only have a couple entries we will hold this months contest open for a couple more days. The new date to close entries is now midnight Wednesday.

Thank you! Here is my first entry- 13T heading eastbound across the Upper Falls in Letchworth State Park.

Photo taken by me Sunday 10/23/2011 in Portage, NY.

Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Matt L

Entry #2- westbound 23K passes the signals at MP 387 on the Southern Tier Mainline.

Photo taken by me Saturday 10/22/2011 in Linden, NY.

E.M. Bell

Ghost over the New River,  The Old CNO&TP bridge (or whats left of it) at New River TN. The sun was just up and the fog parted enough for this shot. You can almost hear a Southern PS4 wheeling the varnish over the river  October, 2009

The (then) new NS F units make their first trip South on the CNO&TP, seen here passing through Coulterville TN 10/30/11

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Kentucky & Indiana Terminal RR

Here's 793's dp'ed ge being passed by 111's leased U.P. Leader.
"The engineer in the old high cab his gold watch in his hand, looking at the waterglass and letting down the sand, rolling out on the old main line taking up the slack, gone today so they say but tomorrow he'll be back...."

Batman

F Units on the A.G.S. line near Chattanooga.

Whitethorne

First photo: NS 272 Bluefield, WV
Second Photo: NS 763 Oakvale WV
Samuel Phillips
My photos: www.pbase.com/whitethorne
My videos: www.youtube.com/NS7500

JCagle

The poll is up and active for 5 Days!

JCagle

Congrats to Batman for his winning shot of the F Units in fall color!

Batman

thanks again , the prize money came in handy for christmas !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk