Author Topic: pomona and area  (Read 3977 times)

Offline blackie

• Inactives
  • Extra Board
pomona and area
« on: September 12, 2011, 10:24:58 PM »
Hey guys new to this why is there no data for fields or Pomona?  what is wire code line? also no data for varner or bowers? sometimes it is for others then sometimes not? And as always thank you. ;D

Offline AD4YJ

• Global Moderator
  • Old Head
  • T67
Re: pomona and area
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 07:26:30 AM »
Not familiar with that ATCS area, but for the most part, ATCS signals can be sporadic for server sites because the trackside "stations" are 900Mhz and only 5 watts. Most server ops don't have 300 foot towers with high gain antennas and preamps, so we miss signals from time to time. It is also weather dependent, at least on the 1st district :).

Wire line is bad news for ATCS. That means the signals are transmitted via underground lines, and not over radio. We cannot get those signals, so they are not displayed

Hope that helps a little bit.

Paul
Paul
Co-Moderator ATCS Board

Offline blackie

• Inactives
  • Extra Board
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 05:21:17 PM »
Thanks I guess it's better than nothing. The place is the Piedmont div on Norfolk southern.

Offline Ptrainman

• Global Moderator
  • Old Head
  • SOU and EMD to the Death
    • Southern Rails Photography
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 09:25:22 PM »
I monitor this sometime and Pomona and Fields are not received all the time. Much of the ATCS equipped line between Greensboro and Charlotte is on and off also. There is a section near Salisbury that is on code line. Hope that hellps you somewhat.

Paul
NS Virginia Division Expert & Railfan
KK4KQX

Offline JCagle

• Administrator
  • Old Head
  • Roaming wherever work sends me...
Re: Re: pomona and area
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 11:14:40 PM »
They have been working on getting the piedmont covered for some time now. They have been putting in host sites as they find suitable locations. Finding the right people in the right places can be hard. I think they were having problems finding hosts in the Greensboro area. The bulk of the piedmont usually has good coverage but it cab vary based on weather etc. They are focusing on getting broad coverage with the resources they have and then they are planning on filling in the holes for better coverage.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Jreb Mobile powered by Tapatalk.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

Offline blackie

• Inactives
  • Extra Board
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 11:47:02 PM »
I live in Greensboro near Pomona yard. So when I am not up there I watch from home and listen on scanner. ;D

Offline ATF1224

• Anti-Phoamer
  • Extra Board
    • Jake Mensel Photography
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 04:45:22 PM »
Pomona is sporadic even sitting 250 feet from the signal.  When I was doing mobile ATCS monitoring without the internet, I had no problem getting Elm and Fields, but Busick, Pomona, and Cox were all sporadic no matter what my location was.
Jake Mensel