1 (4.3%)
Whitethorne 217
2 (8.7%)
NS_CO Westbound
4 (17.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: September 12, 2011, 12:13:53 AM

JCagle

Sorry for being a few days late in getting this up. Life has been a little hectic lately.

The theme for the September contest will be Signs and Signals. It's a pretty wide open topic any railroad related sign or signal is fair game for the contest as long as it's NS related. We will take entries until the 3rd of September since we got a late start. Voting will start on the 4th and go for 5 days. If you are unfamiliar with the rules please see the sticky in the contest thread.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

beal99

NS hotshot heads west at Miller City, OH under one of the remaining NKP bracket signals on this line.

Ponce de Leon

Here you go. This is obviously a southbound at Harriman Jct, TN---on October 9, 1993.
Ron

Ron Flanary

Batman

Signs :    NS 8711 at Chattanooga , Tn  in June  2009

Matt L

Entry #1:

NS is replacing the old Erie mileposts in upstate NY with modern, reflective mile markers. This is an example of the new meeting the old, framed by the colors from last fall.

Photo taken by me Sunday 10/17/2010 in Silver Springs, NY.   

Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Badhorse79

This was taken last summer at Glendale (ohio) Station

JtBurKe

Photo 1: Signal at East Boyd siding on the West End.
Photo 2: A southbound grain train prepares to knock down the signal at Powell, TN bringing the last half of the train up the hill between Hieskell and Powell.

NSyorktown

The signals at Kings Mountain, as seen through the railing of the Route #501 bridge.

cadilacmuzik

Photo 1  NS 744 passes MP 111.4 as it enters Old Fort, NC.

Photo 2  NS 744 heads past East Grovestone near Black Mountain, NC

srman

The semaphore at Lawrenceburg had served the Southern for many years but in this July 3 1991 shot it stood only sentinal to the many trains which had passed it before. Today it as well as the depot itself are gone, however the station was relocated along U.S. 127 north of town. In the background SW1 1007 waits for its next call to duty.

Matt L

Entry #2: the NS OCS passes the signals at CP Cass on the Southern Tier Mainline 2 days ago!

Photo taken by me Wednesday 8/24/2011 in Hornell, NY. There will be a trip report coming soon.  8)

Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

tq-07fan

1) New Castle IN of course is the namesake of the busy New Castle Dist. Before the N & W started operating over the former Pennsy from New Castle to Cincinnati New Castle was on a quite NKP branchline. Here on May 16 2008 the NKP depot, complete with it's station sign and semaphore distant signal are in total contrast to the busy mainline that the semaphore warns us about.

2) Lucasville OH was the location of the last set of N & W style position light signals on the Columbus District, if perhaps not the whole N & W, that were intermediate ABS signals in Rule 251 Current of Traffic territory. I was on US 23, in the left of the picture taking time exposures before six am April 25 2010 and ended up getting the signal changing from Approach to Clear in the same exposure as 233 continued West. These signals have since been replaced.

Jim

E.M. Bell

#1 Lawrenceburg KY 01/15/10

#2 NS 144 and the signals at Kings Mountain KY, 09/05/10

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Conductor

D95 at Crawfordsville, IN heading back toward home rails in Lafayette.
Conductor's posts represent the views of Conductor and are not representative of any carrier.

cmherndon

A coal train is parked on the #2 track at Bowen, KY while the ancient GRS searchlights give a clear signal to a northbound. 10/31/2010
Caleb M. Herndon, KK4CDT
Frankfort, KY
http://www.cmherndon.com

"The human mind is like a railroad freight car; guaranteed to have a certain capacity, but often running empty."

NS2593

NS 952 hurries under the signal bridge at Piney Flats, TN a few minutes after sunset on June 10, 2011.

mbgphoto79

NS 211 has the clear to head south at Pomona once the pickup is complete.  

NS P85 prepares to enter the south end of the yard at Pomona.

Whitethorne

Picture 1: NS 236 streaks by the little railroad crossing sign in Elliston VA.
Picture 2: NS 217 climbs uphill through Willowtown WV with a pair of GE's.
Samuel Phillips
My photos: www.pbase.com/whitethorne
My videos: www.youtube.com/NS7500

Conductor

My second entry.  A Westbound on the New Castle District crosses CP 229, with the Walnut St. signal in the background.
Conductor's posts represent the views of Conductor and are not representative of any carrier.

JCagle

The poll is up and active for 5 days. Good luck to all.

JCagle

Congrats to Carmon for her winning shot from Roanoke. We'll get it in the appropriate places this evening.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk