I Can Only Choose 5

Started by Conductor, July 18, 2011, 06:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conductor

The 2012 NS employee calendar deadline is fast approaching, and I have chosen my best 7 shots.  Problem is they only accept 5.  Color/contrast isn't so much the issue here as they want relatively unedited shots so they can fix them, but feel free to let me know why a certain photo doesn't belong.  And obviously the NS_CO mark won't be on the submissions. ;)

Conductor's posts represent the views of Conductor and are not representative of any carrier.

Conductor

Well, didn't realize they would be so big that you have to scroll side to side... anyways, please give them your best look.
Conductor's posts represent the views of Conductor and are not representative of any carrier.

Rnhatch

No Science here - but I am least impressed by # 4.  Distracting signal bridge, cropping puts attention right at mid line which lends a somwhat dull feel, etc.   I'd also only send in one of the bridge pics (which are both good).  I like the second one with the roadrailers curving off in the background better.

Totally subjective here - but you did ask for opinions...

Ponce de Leon

I would ditch numbers three and seven. Number three is just plain vanilla stuff, and number seven is the second best of the two bridge shots. I like all the others just fine, but numbers two and five are the best of the bunch. Nice work!
Ron Flanary

Badhorse79

I like 5 as well! All are nice shots ! And a three unit triple crown ? Awsome

E.M. Bell

In my opinion, #2 & 5 are very worthy contenders, #1 is a strong 3rd. The others are all great shots, but probably don't stand much of a chance for what you are wanting to do.

To bad they do all the processing themselves. The past few years, there have been some pretty good shots in the calender, that have suffered from some pretty poor processing. Bad color and lack of sharpness seem to be the rule. 
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk