Main Menu

August 2011 Contest

Started by JCagle, July 04, 2011, 11:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick your Two Favorite images from this months contest!

tq-07fan "234 at Waverly Ohio"
2 (8.7%)
tq-04fan's "234 at Kenova"
2 (8.7%)
srman's "26Z at Waddy"
1 (4.3%)
trainchaser2's "376"
1 (4.3%)
NS2539's "233 at Coopers"
8 (34.8%)
Ponce de Leon's "215 at Kings Mountain"
7 (30.4%)
Ponce de Leon's "229 at Oakdale"
0 (0%)
E.M. Bell's "intermodal & Coal"
2 (8.7%)
E.M. Bells's "216 at Danville"
0 (0%)
NSYorktown's "Roadrailer on bridge"
1 (4.3%)
Carmon Bells's "202 at Decatur"
5 (21.7%)
Carmon Bell's "197 at Georgetown"
1 (4.3%)
Matt L's "22K in the snow"
2 (8.7%)
Matt L's "rearview mirror"
4 (17.4%)
Beal99"s "Roadrailer at Dead Ox Hollow"
3 (13%)
Beal99's "Burns Harbor"
1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: August 12, 2011, 02:47:31 PM

JCagle

The theme for the August Contest is Intermodal trains. We will take entries until the 31st.

nd as always:

All images entered in the contest must be your own images. Any violations of this will be banned from entering the contest for 6 months. Any subsequent violations will receive a minimum of 1 year suspension from the contest. At Jreb we take seriously the rights of photographers, and we strive to protect those rights.

Entries may be watermarked with your name if you desire, but please remove any references to other sites for contest entries.

There will be a theme announced for each month's contest.

All entries must be Norfolk Southern or it's predecessors.

There is no age limit or time frame that the pictures must be from.

Everyone including moderators and administrators may enter the contest.

Each participant is limited to two entries in the contest.

Since the winning image is posted on the main page you must attach the file as a thumbnail. You may post the image in the thread as well if you desire. Attaching the image can be done in the additional options menu above and to the left of the post button.

The deadline for entries will be posted in the theme post each month. Following the deadline a poll is placed in the thread for voting. When the poll is posted the deadline to vote is also posted. The poll will time out at the designated time. The winner is determined by the highest vote total.

In the event of a tie vote there will be a 48 hour run off.

If you have any questions or concerns contact jbcagle7073 via the private messaging feature, or via email at
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

tq-07fan

1) September 4 2010 in the final days of regular single stack operation for what is now known as the Heartland Corridor I made it a point to get NS train 234 passing through the broad reverse curves on the former N & W Columbus District at Waverly Ohio where the depot would have been.

2) August 27 2010 a week earlier my friend and I took a trip to look at the final tunnel work for the Heartland Corridor. Later in the day we got NS 234 crossing the former N & W bridge across the Ohio River into Kenova West Virginia.

Jim

srman

NS 26Z with SD70M 2581 leads K Line stacks by Waddy Ky. on November 6,2008.

Gage O'Dell

NS 376 (with intermodel cars only) September 9th, 2010

NS2593

NS 233 at Coopers, West Virginia on June 4, 2011.

Ponce de Leon

Here's my initial contest entry. This was taken on December 29, 1996 at Kings Mountain (KY) on the CNO&TP. On the left is 116, holding on Track 2. Coming out of the hole, upgrade, is southbound intermodal 215. The engineer on 215 has his headlight dimmed and the ditch lights off for the meet.
Ron Flanary

Ponce de Leon

Here's my second contest entry. This is 229 between the tunnels just south of Oakdale in October 1989. The lead unit is 8572, followed by two GP38-2s.
Ron Flanary

E.M. Bell

An Eastbound intermodal streaks past a coal train near CP "UN" at Cresson PA. June, 2010

A UPS "pup" on a TOFC car wont be sitting still long, as train 216 makes a brief stop in Danville KY for a crew change, before continuing its trip to Chicago. June, 2010

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

NSyorktown

The date is mid-August 2004, and a string of RoadRailers crosses the Ohio River bridge (southbound) after departing Gest Street Yard.  Trains of 100+ "boxes" are common on the Rathole, and this one seems to go on and on.  It's only 338 miles to Chattanooga!

RDS

Matt L

Entry #1: 22K blasts through the Canisteo River valley on a blustery winter day.

Photo taken by me Sun 12/26/2010 in Rahtbone, NY.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Matt L

An unusual shot: TOFC on the Southern Tier Mainline... as seen through the rear view mirror of Saturn #2. 

Photo taken by me Sun 6/27/2010 in Corning, NY.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

beal99

Entry 1: Dead Ox Hollow Road, Tateville KY, roadrailer roars past the icicles on a frosty day on the second district.

beal99

Entry 2:

Burns Harbor, IN ducking under the Chicago, South Shore, and South Bend

Forum Admin

The poll for the August contest is up and running, and will be active for 5 Days. Good luck to everyone, and be sure to vote!
The JREB.org team

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk